Heroscape!

Looking for a game in your area? Post games you are looking for, or games you are looking to include others in.
Omnishred

Heroscape!

Postby Omnishred » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:04 am

I just came from Canada and have started to go into withdraws from the lack of heroscape I've been subjected to. Please, is there anyone out there with some heroscape that would be up for some casual games. I live in Flemington but more then willing to transit just about anywhere at this point.

God speed.

Mr Skeletor

Re: Heroscape!

Postby Mr Skeletor » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:06 pm

Omnishred wrote:I just came from Canada and have started to go into withdraws from the lack of heroscape I've been subjected to. Please, is there anyone out there with some heroscape that would be up for some casual games. I live in Flemington but more then willing to transit just about anywhere at this point.

God speed.

I just ordered Swarm and wave 10, so I'm back in a heroscape mood after not playing it for something like 4 years.
I'm a shit player but happy to give you a game. I'm in Fawkner (passed coburg).

westgarthworldwide

Postby westgarthworldwide » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:44 pm

Heroscape and Heroclix are two seperate games? Or are they compatible?
Power tends to isolate those who hold too much of it. Eventually, they lose touch with reality... and fall.

brett

Postby brett » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:14 am

Completely different games. They have similar ideas but you don't 'click' heroscape characters and heroscape is played on a 3D modular/customisable board. Heroscape isn't collectable either.

Mr Skeletor

Postby Mr Skeletor » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:36 am

Similar scale and idea, but heroscape is more playable (IMHO).

Cat Attack Man

Postby Cat Attack Man » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey there.
I've recently purchased a swag of units and am expecting more to arrive over the coming weeks (ebay US). But I've played a number of games with a mate a few years ago. My purchasing may have just re-sparked his interest and hopefully soon we'll play again. Anyway, I'm in Oakleigh and once my stuff arrives would be up for a game or two. Mate is in Caulfield.

brett

Postby brett » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:22 pm

If you can make it to EGF this coming Sunday, you could join in a few games. There will be enough characters and terrain to make a few small/medium maps and 400-500 point armies.

Cat Attack Man

Postby Cat Attack Man » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

I'm gonna have to do that Brett. Won't be able to make it this Sunday unfortunately, but I'll certainly look to come along to the next one or thereafter. Do you guys get into Wargames much/at EGF? I used to get to Billabong a bit (and still plan to in the future) and play some Eurogames, but my real preference is for the war and strategy games. Not Warhammer or D&D, but HeroScape, War of the Ring, Attack, Shogun, Talisman, Risk etc. all of which I own but hardly play.

MooseHead

Postby MooseHead » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 pm

Cat Attack Man wrote:Do you guys get into Wargames much/at EGF?
Despite the name and banner of Euro Games Fest, we have a good mix of euros, war games and (dare I say it) ameritrash on occaision. It's well balanced with people freely able to choose their game types. Some games, especially those that play over much longer times, are prearranged to occur on the day, so in that way we have something to offer as the only group which runs on a weekend day all day till late.

rjphelan

Postby rjphelan » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 pm

Cat Attack Man wrote:I'm gonna have to do that Brett. Won't be able to make it this Sunday unfortunately, but I'll certainly look to come along to the next one or thereafter. Do you guys get into Wargames much/at EGF? I used to get to Billabong a bit (and still plan to in the future) and play some Eurogames, but my real preference is for the war and strategy games. Not Warhammer or D&D, but HeroScape, War of the Ring, Attack, Shogun, Talisman, Risk etc. all of which I own but hardly play.

Yes, there's a sizable portion of the EGF group that likes and even prefers these types of games. You'll be able to find some takers for those.

Cat Attack Man

Postby Cat Attack Man » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:35 pm

Sounds good guys. I reckon I'll be there on the 21st and quite possibly a mate of mine too. Will look forward to some HeroScape action and whatever else tickles the fancy. Cheers.

brett

Postby brett » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Sounds good. Hopefully Omnishred can make is as well. I should be there between 11am and 11.30am. Anyone else that wants to participate is also welcome.

Omnishred

Postby Omnishred » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:58 am

i'll be there for sure!

Cat Attack Man

Postby Cat Attack Man » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:14 pm

Good stuff. I'll be there for sure and I'm fairly sure my mate will be joining me. 4P games will be interesting.
So about 11:30am then.

Cat Attack Man

Postby Cat Attack Man » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Hey Brett, Omnishred and anyone else interested...
I was thinking about options for next meeting (prob mid-Jan or Feb for me). If my mate Marty is coming along again, or if not but we find a fourth player, and we're keen for a few shorter games, we could try a mini tournament (round-robin). I could bring along my collection and we could build two maps (identical, different) and the each of us play the other three opponents. If time is a concern we could help speed it up by maybe pre-select/bring 500 point armies and maintain them for the three games. Alternatively we could try selecting 1000 point squads for the day and from these, select 400 or 500 point armies for each battle. If it works well, we could score points (points = kills & wounds), have a ladder, even reward the overall winner if appropriate. About the only drawback I can see is if one game finishes quickly and the other moves along slowly, there could be a small delay before the next round. Anyway, just an idea. What do you guys think?

Return to “Organise a Game”